Play? Pause? or Rewind?



If only could I record my whole life
from my birth to the very present,
would I mourn the losses in repeat
or binge memories for their essence?

Would I create a time lapse of me
growing from an infant to a teen?
Or would I run in slow motion,
the wonderful smiles that I've seen?

Would I cut out the parts in between
filled with sorrow, agony and pain?
Or would I let it be and witness them
making me the "me" without refrain?

Would I rewind back the tape and
jump back to my innocent childhood?
and would I pause back when I reached
the peak of the slide and felt good?

Would I run through my marksheets
as everyone deemed it important?
or Would I look at the memories
I made in the backbench, whole-hearted?

Would I fast forward my present
to see where my tombstone lies?
Or would I just leave things to destiny
and give myself a bit of a suprise?

But when I retrospect about all this
It's better off the way life already is
because it's better to trade control
for the unanticipated adventures it gives.






Comments

  1. Bro this is some next level shit. You are qualified enough to be the next American President

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts